Call for papers
We invite submission of abstracts for SALA-32.
The 32nd edition of the South Asian Languages Analysis Roundtable (SALA-32) will take place at the University of Lisbon, Portugal, on April 27th -29th 2016. We invite submission of abstracts for individual papers before September 20th 2015 .
Any descriptive, theoretical, or applied linguistic research concerning one or more of the languages of South Asia – broadly defined – is welcome.
Considering the location of this meeting, we encourage the submission of abstracts concerning the linguistic effects of the centuries-old interaction between South Asian languages and Portuguese. Further possible topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Descriptive studies of any aspect of a South Asian language or languages;
- Comparative and typological studies;
- Cognitive and psycholinguistic studies;
- Language contact;
- Pragmatics and discourse analysis;
- Historical linguistics and language change;
- Translation studies;
- Computational linguistics;
- Corpus and quantitative linguistic studies;
- Language endangerment, preservation and documentation;
- Language learning, acquisition, and teaching;
- Language policies.
Paper presentations will consist of a 20 minute talk followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion. Paper abstracts should be no longer than 800 words, excluding reference list.
We encourage submission of abstracts from early-career researchers, including postgraduate research students and postdoctoral researchers.
All abstracts must be submitted before September 20th 2015 using the EasyAbs online platform. To submit, click on http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/sala-32 and upload your abstract in either .doc, .pdf, or .txt format.
Any questions may be addressed to the organisers by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information will be available soon at: http://www.clul.ul.pt